How to keep kids engaged or are you running out of ideas?
A great way to get inspired is to look at your children's book collection. I find this is one of the best ways to plan a theme based activity.
I have chosen "One little Penguin and his Friends" because it has been one of the children's all time favorite. This interactive book will keep children entertained by pushing and turning tabs on each page. How they love to discover a little surprise on each page.
STEP 1 - Story time
Read and count the animals or subject on each page.
STEP 2 - Movement
Review the book backwards page by page and ask kids if they can remember what animals are on each page. Imitate the movements of each animal.
STEP 3 - ART
1. Begin with drawing and coloring an animal from the book.
2. Make a collage by cutting out the penguins body, wings, feet, and facial features for children to glue together. Put the animals aside when done.
3. Paint the background on a sheet of paper. I used water color paper.
4. Use liquid glue to attach animals to painted background. It is okay if paint is still wet.
5. Use glitter glue to add some shine.